Thursday, August 5, 2010

Discoloured toe nails from nail varnish?

I had Gold colour nail varnish on for about a month and it has stained my toe nails, is there anyway to get it off or just wait for it to grow out?Discoloured toe nails from nail varnish?
You can buy nail whitener in chemists, or use lemon juice.





Oh, and use base coat next time!Discoloured toe nails from nail varnish?
I have never once heard of nail polish staining your nails. You should see a dr to make sure you don't have a fungus. I had turquoise polish on my toes for over a month at least and it has not stained my nails. I also wear gold on occasion and never had that problem.





To get the polish off, go to your local drug store and get a bottle of nail polish remover and cotton balls. It works wonders.
Hey it may sound weird,


But if you go into a Sauna, your discoloured toe nails should fade away.





I stubbed my toe once on a table leg, and my nail went black. I went into a sauna, and when I came out my nail was cleaned.
Someone once told me lemon juice but iv never tried it
Nail varnish and false nails will discolour your natural nail colour. You are preventing the area being exposed to the air and light by applying the above mentioned items not to mention you could even be introducing toxins to the body.





The nail will grow out and you should produce natural healthy looking nails again - that is until you do the same thing again.
You could use a fine nail file to file away the top layer of the nail as that's the part that has absorbed the colour. It's not good for the nail though.





The safest thing to do is to wait for it to grow out. Always use a base coat when painting your toenails as they tend to be very porous and absorb colour easily. While waiting for the gold to grow out, paint your nails as normal using a base coat first as protection.
i think you can use lemon juice! next time put clear nail varnish on first
You have to grow it out - I had the same, they looked like I had been smoking fags with my toes and they were nicotine stained - yuk! Though hopefully you should grow them out before summer comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment